It had been miles since Kevin pricked his finger on the hollow-bone. Now, walking in circles, images of entrails, blankness, remnants of what was, clouded his mind as the woods devoured him whole.
I don’t know if I did this right. The instructions for Trifextra Week Fifty-six are:
- Use the 33rd page from Elizabeth Strout’s Olive Kitteridge.
- Scour the page , choose 33 words.
- Reshape those words into a piece of your own.
- Your piece does not have to tell an entire story.
- Use whatever you need, whether or not it appears in the photos.