A Summoning

Summer, you cruel devil, are you not done with me yet? Have my offerings in bucketfuls of sweat not been to your insatiable satisfaction?

Winter, you sweet thing, deliver me from this hell.

This was me tipping my hat at the seasons and, in so doing, answering the challenge the good people from Trifecta posed us this weekend:

Apostrophe: “A figure of speech in which some absent or nonexistent person or thing is addressed as if present and capable of understanding.”

Regarding my particular choice of Apostrophe…if you live were i do, where Summer lasts for eight whole months with daily temperatures of 35 degrees Celsius and humidity so high that the air you breath sticks to the sides of your nostrils and liquidates on its way down to your lungs…you would understand me better.

Advertisements

21 comments on “A Summoning

1. Kir Piccini says:

I am already missing Summer, it’s my favorite season…but I can understand being done and wanting the chilling breezes. This was poetic and wonderful.

2. jannatwrites says:

Oh, I can relate to begging for winter relief. For over 25 years, I lived in a desert region where it pretty much stays hot from April through October. Hope you get your release soon 🙂

3. paulmclem says:

Here’s hoping for a cooling breeze coming your way!

4. yarnspinnerr says:

i can well identify with this.

🙂

5. KymmInBarcelona says:

Although this summer has been unusually short for us, I do feel for you.
    Too for the price of one! nice.

6. This made me smile. We always wish for something else. 🙂 Including seasons.

7. Gina says:

Summer seemed too short this year and I love the heat. But it’s not my favorite season; fall is. So I’m very pleased where we are headed. Love the cheekiness in this!

8. Zen A. says:

Yay a kindred spirit. I thought I was the only one who hated summer. The heat and humidity is unbearable where I live too, and I really can’t wait for winter! I’d rather feel cold than sweaty!

9. Steph says:

Good one. I’m always ready for the change of seasons.. but I love them all. Easy for me to say living in a relatively temperate climate.

10. Come to Sweden in November and you’ll scream for return of summer.

11. Where I like something about each season, it gets to the point where I am ready for one to end and the next to begin. This summer where I live has seemed more humid than most summers and we had a lot of thunderstorms. I am appreciating the break in the weather that autumn brings.

12. MOV says:

Ha! I am a fall girl myself, would like September and October to last 11 months…….

fun use of the prompt!

best,
    MOV

13. atrm61 says:

Yep,Summer never seems to end our side of the world too ;-)Looking forward to lovely,cold winter-yay!

14. I’m over summer too. Fall can get here anytime. But, after 40 years in Iowa, I still haven’t warmed up to winter (no pun intended).

Great 33 words!

15. I was about to ask how summer could be worse than the cold of winter…and then I saw you suffer it for eight months. I’d be right there beside you in your pleas.
    Thank you for linking up!

16. Christine says:

I love summer where I live now – 12 weeks or so of stunningly beautiful weather are just what I need to forget that it rains the rest of the time. 🙂 Great piece – I totally feel for you.